miércoles, 27 de mayo de 2009

How Did I Find Out my Son had Craniosynostosis by Yasmin Moreales Rosa

Nature surprises us, even after all of our technological advances, every day. I am the mother of a six-year old child who was diagnosed with Craniosynostosis. As a mother, I would see him day after day, and I started to notice that his motor skills and his intellectual capacity were not normal for a child his age. Faced with this situation, I set out to find alternatives with which to help my son. 

My son received the necessary resources right away and was diagnosed with Craniosynostosis. The process required an emergency operation to correct his cerebral growth. As a mother, the process has been a long and exhausting experience, but the enthusiasm and joy I get from seeing my son regain, little by little, his quality of life, has been the greatest reward for all of us. I think our society drives us to instill a spirit of independence in our children. I will provide my son with all of the help he needs for his physical, mental and emotional development at every stage of his life. 

The Craniosynostosis diagnosis has helped us to value life even more, and has brought us together as a family. The support group that my son is seeing is exceptional, and we work together, contributing to a society that helps itself and others. I give thanks to God, the doctors that operated on Hector, and the great support group of the Jorge Posada Foundation.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario